PAPWORTH EVERARD PARISH COUNCIL wishes to fill three vacancies for Councillor by co-option.
If you are interested in becoming a Parish Councillor, please contact the Clerk, Sarah Cruse email@example.com for details of what is involved and how to apply.
Papworth Everard Parish Council has an overall responsibility for the well-being of your local neighbourhood – their work falls into 3 main categories:
- Representing the local community,
- Delivering services to meet local needs,
- Striving to improve quality of life in the parish.
The Parish Council provides, maintains or contributes to:
- Playing Fields
- The main children’s play area and paddling pool
- Some litter bins, grit bins, dog bins, notice boards and bus shelters
- Street lighting in some residential side roads and footpath
- The church yard and cemetery
- The Village Hall
- Local highway initiatives
- Grants to local groups and organisations
- and is a consultee for local planning applications
To qualify a person must on the day of election be a British subject or citizen of the European Union or Ireland and attained the age of 18 years AND
- on that day is and thereafter continue to be a local government elector for the area of the authority (on the Electoral Roll) or
- has during the whole 12 month preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the area or
- has their principal or only place of work during that twelve months has been in the area or
- has during the twelve months resided in that area or
- during the whole twelve months has resided in the parish or within 4.8 Kilometres (three miles) of it.
Disqualification from being elected a member is set out in Section 80 of the Local Government Act 1972.
Closing date for applications: 30 August 2022